So, new game. GRE vocab Charades!
It is quite an esoteric, challenging game... you try acting out "ephemeral".
Example: Michael is acting it out, Diana and I are guessing.
1 finger for first part of word-
Michael pretends to hack, leaning towards the trashcan, just in case- also pretends to sneeze
"Uhhh.... sick?"
nodding, he indicates the second word and blows up his cheeks and holds out his arms as if they were around a large belly
"You feel bloated? Need to stop eating so much? (he rolls his eyes and points to me, repeating the belly imitation) I am not fat."
He changes his strategy, and raises his arm like a trunk.
"Elephant? (nods, then puts hands together) sick elephant?"
indicates that I should add the words together
"Sickphant? Selephant? sycophant!"
And that's how it goes. Don't vituperate me, its a great way to learn the words. How can I forget sycophant when i remember Michael waving his arms around like an elephant? Maybe one of these days I will become an erudite student.
Only 495 words to go...
2 comments:
Oh my. You messed with my mascara. I laughed so hard I cried. Only you would do such a thing!!!
Mom
What's real fun is playing those kinds of games with your married friends. Then everything becomes sexual. Awkward.
Post a Comment