Thursday, August 13, 2009

I'm hungry

Warning: This post includes careless use of homophones. Use your imagination.

It is four in the morning.... and I am awake, but not on purpose. My body seems to be having a difficult time adjusting to a working schedule. After all, I did spend the last 4 years sleeping at really odd hours of the day and night. Tuesday I was so tired that I kept almost nodding off onto my keyboard, so Wednesday I took my meds for the attention and the focus and the deficit. Which meant that I was twitchy all day. It sure didn't help that I had a giant cup-o-coffee and 2 cherry pepsis, what with all the caffeine, so I was like, super twitchy, dude.

Kinsey passed her board exams today to be a CNA, so we celebrated with pita pizzas and rum-n-cokes, and although I had the smallest glass, I still was asleep by 10:30. But then I woke up about 2, and I was AWAKE!!!!!!!! ! ! So here I am, I have slept off the rum induced drowsiness and am now running purely on focused, attentive energy. I am also incredibly hungry.

And, at about 3 am, the tree right outside my window started making strange noises, almost exactly the sound of the legos moving as you build with them in the Lego Indiana Jones video games. You know what I am talking about, the clickclickclickclick, with some creaking in between. I might have to get a wii just for that game, but that's a different story. But when it started making this noise, I didn't know it was the tree. So I tried peering out my window, thinking maybe it was some old person walking down the sidewalk with their incredibly creaky walker, but hey, its 3 in the morning, I'm the only one on my block awake right now. Also, I can't see. So I wander downstairs to find my glasses and look out the back door, but I don't turn any lights on just in case this noise is coming from someone trying to break into our house by slowly scratching away the glass door. I wouldn't want to give myself away, you know. I managed to somehow find my glasses and look out the door, but don't see anything. At this point, I am making plans for an escape route in case i DO find someone on my back porch stealing plants, should I run for my room and lock the door or do I run downstairs and wake up michael to come beat away the attackers? Its a tough decision. Finally, I am creeped out enough to go back upstairs where I turn my computer/security-blanket on and start catching up on blogs again. But there is the noise again.... So I close my computer so that the mystery-scratcher won't know I'm awake from the light of the screen. As I'm looking out the window, I notice the the wind is blowing the tree around and it happens to be moving at about the same frequency as the noise. *place palm to forehead*. Duh.

Sigh. I'm pretty sure I should never be allowed to live by myself, I would go crazy. Er than I already am. And my roomates always wonder why I lock the doors all. the. time. Its because of the crazy people who try to get in my house by eroding the doors. Eek.

In other news, my Jeepy has been feeling quite healthy, I drive about 100 miles a day to and from work and she seems happy enough. Just the usual list of complaints, you know, the shaking at 70 mph, the AC that mostly just blows (ha...ha...), the blinker that freaks out when the brake is on at the same time. It adds character. I love it.

Oh, and Europe photos are slowly being uploaded at holmescd.smugmug.com. So far just Barcelona and Madrid are up, but that will be soon changed. Let me know what you think.

Ugh, I am going to try to sleep before I have to get up and ready for work in 1.5 hours. Gnight!

3 comments:

Cari said...

I'm surprised you didn't bake something while wandering around the house at 4:00a.m. Oh, but maybe the glass etcher robber person might have heard you. I guess you could have saved yourself by offering them a fresh muffin.

Stephen said...

Austin sez the LEGO Star Wars series is waaay awsomer. And that he hears that LEGO noise sometimes too.

Shari said...

You should post a "don't read this at work" warning. I'm hurting myself trying not to laugh uproariously at my desk. Which is probably why they used to block all these sites. Something about productivity...