Story: I got home today after a particularly craptastic day at work and there was nowhere to park on the street, and the evil parking monsters throw a giant hissy fit if we park in one of the 8 open spots in front of the house, so I parked temporarily in front of the mailboxes. This was loooong after the mail had been delivered and I am gone for work looong before it gets delivered tomorrow. After we decided that Michael is driving to work tomorrow, I went out to move the car out of the way of the mailboxes so that I wouldn't have to worry about it in the morning. I found this little packet of pleasantness tucked under my windshield wipers:
Please note that I was not blocking the delivery of the mail, I was merely blocking those who choose to come in the cauldesack ( or however you spell that), park backwards right in front of the mailbox, grab their mail, and pull into their driveways so they don't have to walk their lazy rears across the street to get the mail.Also note the creative use of the caps lock, bolding, and underlining. And the fantastic use of the word irate in a passive aggressive note. Michael jokingly says he is proud of whoever wrote this because they overcame the fact that their caps lock was obviously glued down, as well as the underliner, and managed to print this landscape-style.
Just the fact that someone took the time to go in their house, make this sign, print it, and then walk down the street to put it on my windshield makes me laugh, especially because they really objected to walking that far to the mailbox in the first place.
Morals of the story:
1. I really don't like living in Boulder
2. HOAs suck
3. It is time for me to move
4. One could really make a profit in the pulling-stick-out-of-ass business around here
5. I really don't like living in Boulder
5 comments:
HOAs DO suck. It IS time for you to move. There are plenty of places to park in Piedmont. I am now going to use the word "craptastic" liberally. The end.
I have a note for you that one of my students gave to another one of my students today. It reads as follows: "you suck a lot". Sounds like you could get some use out of it.
Someone left me an anonymous note on my windshield the first day I ever visited Piedmont Elementary. At the time I didn't know the unwritten code for how to park. Since then we've re done the parking lot and the markings actually mean what they say. ANd I get to make all the parking lot rules myself. So there!
My car got towed once for parking in front of a dumpster on a Sunday afternoon. Some people have too much time on their hands. Austin would roll his eyes and say, "Reeaally?"
On the other hand, a neighbor's beeping chirping annoyatron car alarm wakes me every morning half an hour before I really need to wake up. I've pondered leaving a note on their windshield. Well, it might be through their windshield since the note would be tied to a brick.
I think I would be too scared to leave a note on someone's car. I would be afraid that they would come out mid-delivery and catch me. Then what would I do? I would have to come up with some weird story about how there was this big bug on their windshield and I was ridding them of it by sliding this piece of paper, which says nothing to do with them, under their windshield wipers.
Post a Comment