Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hey Y'all,

In an unprecedented fourth-post-in-a-row, I will describe to you my most recent discovery! Quinoa!

Story: Meds make my body go all out of whack, haven't really been able to eat in about a week, tried meat last night for the first time in awhile, almost exploded.

Therefore, I think I am an inadvertent vegertarian. Also, I'm free to eat all the fruits and veggies I want, since I'm only cooking for one whiner. So I tried quinoa.

ITS YUMMY!

Here's the recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Quinoa-and-Black-Beans/Detail.aspx

I didn't have corn or garlic or cilantro, so I didn't add those, but I'm sure it will be even more delicious with them!

Quinoa is sorta like rice, but a tad crunchier, and smaller. It fits in my swallow-without-chewing category, but with the beans, I chew it anyway. Apparently it has lotsa protein, which makes it ideal for vegetarians, however unintentional they are. Also, its cute.

Just take it from me, go easy on the cayenne pepper. sniff sniff. BRB, I need a tissue.

Just pair it with a cranberry hard lemonade, and its a perfect hippie/redneck dinner. Woo.

3 comments:

Cari said...

I'm an inadvertant cookietarian. Well, not really inadvertant. Also, I've tried Quiona, quinnona, quin...whatever. I've tried it and wasn't all that impressed. Although it was, as you say, cute.

Shari said...

Cute is important in food.

Anonymous said...

Swallow without chewing... haha for sure. I used to watch you in awe at how fast you could eat Mac N cheese... then I discovered that you don't chew your food! :) As for me, I have to chew everything, even yogurt. I don' know why...