Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ho.Ly.Cows

I think I am coming down with whatever sleep issue you have, Mom. I woke up at 6 this morning. Not on purpose. In fact, I don't even need to be out of bed until 8:30 at the latest today. But hey, its cool, its not like I really need sleep. Or that I went to bed at midnight last night. Even on weekends, I wake up at around 7. Not fair. I also wake up at least once to go pee, and several times other than that to just stare at the ceiling. Mother, what have you(r genes) done to me?!?!?!

On Saturday, my roomates got up at 4. In the afternoon. By that time, I had already picked up my new batch of contacts, rotated my tires, grocery shopped, checked my oil/radiator fluid and fixed the newest rattle on my Jeep, played frisbee, made banana bread, and nearly finished my Matlab code, AND sat around on the couch for a while. Maybe I should note that Saturday was one of my most productive days ever, but it was still disconcerting and amusing when Michael came up the stairs at 4. It made me feel superior, you know, in the I-am-mature-enough-to-wake-up-when-its-still-morning way. Secretly I was begging to be able to sleep that much.

Of course, I spent Sunday watching approximately 5 hours of Chuck (which is awesome by the way), and otherwise puttering around the house getting nothing done. It all averages out.

2 comments:

Cari said...

Wow, that WAS a productive day. I've gotten to where I can sleep until 9:00 on Saturdays. That's pretty good. Of course, that doesn't include all the times I have to get up to pee. Or the days when my Restless Leg Syndrome wakes me up. It sucks to get old.

Shari said...

Someday, you'll thank me for passing on your beauty, grace and superior intelligence. But, yeah... that sleep thing does sound like me.