Since I have so much time in the car during the week (I drive about 2 hrs a day for work), I tend to think a lot. Also sing. Loudly. And not always well. The last 9 months of single-dom has been some serious growing time for me. The place I am now emotionally and socially is so much different, and I think better. I am happy! I often find myself places by myself and wonder how I got there, me, the girl who has never been able to do ANYTHING by herself. I sing to myself in grocery stores as I wander down the aisles. I signed up for a Salsa class, which I tried to convince other friends to do, but no one had time. So I went to the class by myself, and after the first half hour or so of numbed terror and threatening nausea, I had a lot of fun. In a place where I knew no one. So weird.
Speaking of salsa, I am taking a class specifically for women, which is fun, but interesting. I am by far the tallest and most uncoordinated person there, so I generally feel like I'm flailing. I also have to be careful not to get my fingers chopped off by the ceiling fans. Its quite dangerous.
I have a comic for you, sort of related to what I do at work. I have been starting to do more of the actual support for the software I work with, so I talk to customers a lot. And I love this particular comic from XKCD, http://xkcd.com/627/:
Anyway, on a more serious note, thank you to my awesome friends and family who have giving me your support and prayers. The last year or so has been... interesting... to say the least, and I'm pretty grateful to have the best family and friends ever!
4 comments:
I'm so proud of you niecey. I'm happy you're happy. Happy is good.
I'm so glad you shared this. I've always been proud of you at every stage. But this place in life is pretty cool! Love you.
Yay!! Happiness is where it's at. Hmmm, that was grammatically awkward. Happiness is where it is? Doesn't have the same impact, does it? Anyway, "Yay!!"
Oh, and bonus points for the amusing flow chart. Don't see one of those every day.
Wow, what a useful flowchart!
Post a Comment